Click to Call
Allkane Insurance

1074 Hope St
Stamford, CT 06907

Get Directions
Connecticut Flood insurance coverage

Request a quote

Flood Insurance in Connecticut

At Allkane Insurance, we offer both personal and commercial insurance plans. We work with you to review your needs, clarify your options, and make sure you get the coverage that makes the best difference for you.

In the state of Connecticut, if you've purchased a home that lies within a federally mapped flood plain, you will be required to obtain flood insurance. Since flood damage is not normally covered under basic homeowner's insurance policies, it will need to be covered under a separate plan. Most policies for flood insurance cover direct physical damage to the insured property, referring generally to structural damage, such as damage to the water heater or floor surfaces, as well as debris clean up. Additional coverage for damage to other elements of your home is also an option.

If you have rented a Connecticut property within the flood plain, consider talking to an agent to discuss risks and whether you should obtain flood insurance for your belongings. Flood insurance is not covered under basic renter’s insurance, but policies are available to ensure your belongings are protected should the rented property suffer from flooding.

Flood insurance policies vary from property to property, based on the specific needs of both the property itself, as well as home appliances and personal belongings.

Allkane Insurance is an independent insurance agency. Our team is dedicated to serving you and making sure you have all the information you need, as well as the right coverage options--before you make a decision. Leave the shopping to us--we will search through the best insurance options for you, so you don't waste time. We understand.


Right 1st image

Locally owned and operated

Right 2nd image

Policies that meet & exceed expectations

Right 3rd image

Get an Annual Policy review

Servicing States

  • Connecticut
  • New York